Auto Reload frequency (& other suggestions)

2005-01-31
2012-08-29
  • Hello,

I've just migrated to RSSowl from Feedreader. I would say that I love RSSowl more than Feedreader which I have been using for the past 6 months.

However, there are a few improvements I would like to suggest:

1. The Auto Reload frequency. It should be made more flexible for users to freely confugure the frequency without the restriction of having to select from a limited list. (Or you could just make the list longer, with the interval of 1 minute).

2. There should be a default value for all reload frequencies. So by changing the reload freq in the settings, a user can change the reload freq of all items, except those items that the user would want it to be different, thus do not follow the overall freq as in the settings.

3. When a category has baan accidentally dragged into another category (thus becoming a sub-category), it cannot be dragged out to be a category anymore. You could make a tree root for user to drag category into it for it to be made a category (or sub of 'root').

4. Dragging of feeds can only be done one by one. It would be great if a user can select multiple feeds for dragging them into another category instead of having to drag them one by one.

Thank you very much.

U-Zyn
    Singapore
    http://www.uzyn.com

• Hi,
      thanks for you ideas, commenting them:

1.) Please open a feature request on this item.

2.) Same as point 1.), maybe combine in a single feature request like "Auto Update Improvements"

3.) This issue is known, and for the next RSSOwl release there should be a solution (either a root tree item, or the possibility to drag categories to the root level).

4.) Also an item on my todo list for some time now. Allowing multi-selections in the Tree is however very complex, since the user may select different types of items (Categories, Favorites, Subscriptions) and only some actions are allowed based on the selection.

Ben