Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

News Popup

2005-08-26
2012-08-29
  • I would love to see an option to show the news popup when new news are available, even if there are older news marked as unread. The way it is now, I have to mark all unread news as read to make sure I'll get the popup notification when other news are published.

• Actually this is how it was before RSSOwl 1.1.2 I guess in order to fix a bug, where the popup was appearing multiple times when reloading all News.

I think I should look at it again and implement some sort of solution that fits for these cases:

1.) You reload more than one feed but dont want to see the News Popup more than once (in a certain interval, e.g. 30 seconds).

2.) You have some News unread, but another News is coming in and you want to be notified with a popup.

Ben

• Thanks for making me think about this again. I restored the old way it was, having RSSOwl show an Alert in case new News have been downloaded, even if unread News where already present before.

Ben

• Could you please make it so the mac dock icon bounced?

dst

• Or just some indication in the icon that there are new news items.

• Sry I am not having access to such API using SWT. Feature request is open on eclipse.org on this topic.

Ben