About a month ago we released the first cut of the Nightcrawler edition of RSS Bandit and promised that there'd be a bug fix release within a month. So exactly 30 days and about 100,000 downloads later, we're shipping the bug fix version of the Nightcrawler release.
Download the installer from http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=96589&package_id=103276&release_id=381119. Differences between v18.104.22.168 and v22.214.171.124 below.
* This release is available in the following languages; German, English, Brazilian Portuguese, Traditional Chinese, Polish, Serbian, Russian, Japanese, Italian, Spanish, Bulgarian, and Turkish.
* The application can now be installed on computers that only have v2.0 of the .NET Framework available. * A mini-application for editing the keyboard shortcuts used by the RSS Bandit has now been added. To locate the application, look in the RSS Bandit application folder which is usually "C:\Program Files\RssBandit" for the application named ShortcutsEditor.exe
* Fixed issue where the subscription wizard picks the first feed found on a web page in auto-discovery mode instead of displaying the list of feeds found so users can choose which feed to add to their subscriptions. * Feed autodiscovery now uses the Firefox icon () which will also be used by IE 7, Outlook 12 and FeedDemon for indicating when feeds have been found on a web page within RSS Bandit. * The '+' that indicates that inline comments are available for a post now controlled by the Tools->Options->Display->Display Related Items as discussion threads checkbox. Note that this feature is now off by default. * Fixed issue that feed validation/autodiscovery/search in subscription wizard could not be cancelled * Fixed problems with processing titles in Atom feeds containing markup characters. We now pass all of Phil Ringnalda's Atom title test cases. . * Fixed issue where the title of first post in the feed is used as the feed title in some RSS 1.0 feeds.. * Fixed issue where some comments aren't shown inline for some feeds that support <wfw:commentRss> * Fixed issue where the blog post is repeated as the first comment in some feeds that support <wfw:commentRss>.
* Added ability to create new posts in a newsgroup. * Subscribing to a newsgroup no longer asks for username and password per subscription since this information is specified when the newsgroup was first added. * Subscribing to multiple newsgroups at once now supported. * Fixed bug where subscribing to newsgroups via Tools->Newsgroups results in 'Input string was not in a correct format' error on attempting to download posts from the newsgroup. * Fixed issue where downloading messages from newsgroups times out. This was fixed by setting the maximum number of items to download to 1000. * Fixed issue where subscribing to password protected newsgroups results in "Credentials property not an instance of NetworkCredential" error.
Synchronization with NewsGator Online
* Fixed issue where when downloading feedlist from NewsgatorOnline the following error occurs; "Feedlist download failed with error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object". * Fixed issue that downloading feedlists from Newsgator Online never stops