RSSBandit from XP to Win-7

Help
Sheva_vet
2013-11-30
2013-12-10
  • Sheva_vet
    Sheva_vet
    2013-11-30

I have more than 6000 read news in RSS Bandit. How can I migrate a program from XP to Win 7? I do not want to lose anything.

• It depends. What Version of RSSB you use? For the latest Version:

Look for a Folder "C:\Documents and Settings\<YourWindowsUserName>\Application Data\RssBandit", you have to copy all of them to your Windows 7 User Folder: "C:\Users\<YourWindowsUserName>\AppData\Roaming\RssBandit". This are the subscriptions, subscription source(s) and related files.

For the cached Content (article Contents) look at "C:\Documents and Settings\<YourWindowsUserName>\Local Settings\Application Data\RssBandit\Cache" and copy this to your Windows 7 Folder "C:\Users\<YourWindowsUserName>\Local\AppData\RssBandit\Cache".

• Sheva_vet
      Sheva_vet
      2013-12-01

Thank you so much!

• Sheva_vet
      Sheva_vet
      2013-12-09

I did what you told me to, and everything was fine when I started the RSS Bandit. IT was hanging occasionally while restoring all 8000 news entries. Then I pushed a button "Load news feed", and something happened after that. Now i have news just for the last month or a bit more. What do I do? Can I restore what I had before? I repeated a whole procedure of moving the folders from XP to Win7, but it did not help.

• Did you copied the complete Content of the two Folders? There is a global Setting "Options - Feeds - Remove Items older than". Do you remember the old Setting? Can you compare it to that on the new PC?

If you like to keep individual items for a longer time, you should use the "Flag" Feature. All items within a flagged Folder are kept forever, except you press the delete button there. All other items are bound to their individual item Age (at feed, at categories or globally controlled by the Setting mentioned above.
    If you like to restore old items in the Cache, you really have to repeat the process copying files from the old Location. There is no garantee all your items are still in the downloadable Feeds...

• Sheva_vet
      Sheva_vet
      2013-12-10

Wow! I made it one more time, and now all ok! Thank you very much.