More Feedback and Suggestions

Delak
2005-10-18
2013-05-23
  • Delak
    Delak
    2005-10-18

Ok I had another game last night where we used maptool again. It went great and I am loving the tool everytime i use it. I have a few more suggestions.
    1. Have the function to enter text on a map.
    2. If their is a way to have tokens stake on top of each other. I have a combat going on with my PC of medium size fighting a Kraken of gargantuen size. One pc was grappled and moved to the same space as the Kraken. there is no good way i can show this currently.

• Trevor Croft
      Trevor Croft
      2005-10-18

1) Funny you should mention this one, I'm about half way through the implementation of a text tool, it will be a part of M6
      2) We were discussing this exact problem this afternoon.  We have a couple of ideas of how to solve it, but would love to hear your ideas.  What we're thinking of doing is giving each token a z-order, which is the order it is rendered on the screen.  That way token A with z-order 1 will always render below token B with z-order 2.  Then you can select, right click, and Send to Front or Send to Back.  This gives greater control over the 'layers' of tokens.

• Delak
      Delak
      2005-10-18

It sounds like you have it under control. I was going to make the suggestion of having the ability to send to fron and send to back

• Trevor Croft
        Trevor Croft
        2005-10-18

:)

btw, I checked in the preliminary text tool.  It is available on M6 alpha.  It will be enhanced in M7.  Give it a try and let us know what you think