Tokentool bug and some usefull? wierdness

Brisingre
2006-01-15
2013-05-23
  • Brisingre
    Brisingre
    2006-01-15

I am having trouble deleting custom overlays from tokentool, everything works until the overlay ought to be gone, and at that point it just stays, I get the delete confirmation and everything, but the overlay doesn't leave. The potentially usefull bit of wierdness is that if maptool could use images from inside of a .bar file (single file, read-only, with many other extractable adressable compressed files, familiar to Age of Mythology modders, unheard of to anyone else) (I'm not sure it can't, but I rather doubt it) it would be much easier to organize and distribute large piles of tokens. I'm not sure if this is good for anything at all, and I'm not sure how much good it would really be, but I thought I would suggest it.

• Trevor Croft
      Trevor Croft
      2006-01-15

Yeah, I've noticed that about tokentool recently, it's a bug in that it removes it from the file, but not the UI, it should disappear on restart.  I'll get it fixed.

Instead of a .bar file, I can imagine being able to use a .zip file of images as an Image Explorer root.

• Brisingre
      Brisingre
      2006-01-15

Oh? For me, I have deleted one overlay about 18 times, over several executions of tokentool, and it still shows up and can be used. A zip file would work for this too, I just rather like .bar files for some reason. Perhaps it is that you can address things from within them. A zip would be much more practical, as .bar files are really rare.

• Trevor Croft
        Trevor Croft
        2006-01-16

Hmm, bummer.  I've added a tracker to get that fixed.