New Forums

2006-01-31
2013-05-23
  • Trevor Croft
    Trevor Croft
    2006-01-31

Over the next week we will be migrating the forums to http://rptools.net/phpbb2

We will attempt to copy over the forum content from here to there, then lock these forums from new posts.

Feel free to start posting there instead :)

• Brad Stiles
      Brad Stiles
      2006-01-31

Does that board have an option to monitor, similar to the SF boards, where I can get the messages in e-mail.  I can handle logging into the site to send or reply, but I'd really rather get messages via mail.

• Trevor Croft
        Trevor Croft
        2006-01-31

Absolutely, in fact that was a requirement for me: who has the time to sit and watch a forum board :)

What you do is click on the forum you'd like to watch.  There is a "Watch this forum" link at the bottom, just click it.  Of course, you have to register yourself so it knows your email, but registration is user driven, so it's pretty painless.

• Brad Stiles
          Brad Stiles
          2006-02-01

> who has the time to sit and watch a forum board

No kidding.  For people who visit one BBS, it's probably fine, but if I had to watch a BBS for every mailing list I use, I'd never do anything else.  I like being able to read my messages all in one place, and my mail reader serves that purpose quite nicely.

• Trevor Croft
      Trevor Croft
      2006-01-31

Additionally I've just installed the RSS mod, so you can also just use an RSS reader to get new topics :)

• Brad Stiles
        Brad Stiles
        2006-02-01

Will it post the message to the feed, or just the topic?  The former is useful, the latter less so.

• Trevor Croft
          Trevor Croft
          2006-02-01

I fully agree with your statement.  Currently it looks like it is only sending the topic name, which bums me out.  I'll take a look and see if I can get it to send more info (I don't see why it couldn't)

• A link from here would be nice
      -brisingre