Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Tables, Excluded Messages, and Source Code

Brisingre
2006-01-22
2013-05-23
  • Brisingre
    Brisingre
    2006-01-22

First, I have a suggestion. This may be hard to implement, but I like the idea. Could you add a "table" feature, which would allow you to run a macro to generate a random string of text from a user-defined list and display it to either only to you, to you and the GM, or to everyone?
    The table creation method could be a dialog which would allow you to set a macro to roll on the table, what die size you roll, what text is assigned to what number or numbers rolled, and some way to set who the table displays to, either by setting three different macros in the beginning  or just a set of radio buttons to choose who to display the results to. I don't know how saving the tables for future use would be handled. The other two are quick questions. First most of the forums have "there are excluded messages in this forum" plastered across the top, and I would like to know what this means. Lastly, I would like to know how to download or otherwise view the source code for the tools.

• Trevor Croft
      Trevor Croft
      2006-01-23

I don't quite understand the table feature.  What is an example of what it would be used for ?  Perhaps describe a scenario where it would be used ?

I'm not sure about the excluded messages in this forum message.  I don't see that one.  I'm looking at setting up a different forum (phpBB perhaps) instead of sf.net forums.

You can look at all the code directly from sf.net by clicking the CVS link at the top of the project page.  For convenience, here is the direct link:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/rptools/

• Brisingre
      Brisingre
      2006-01-23

It would be used, for instance, for a rod of wonder. The gm sets a "rod of wonder" table, and the whenever someone types /wonder it displays to everyone the rods random effect.

• Trevor Croft
        Trevor Croft
        2006-01-23

What we'll probably do is allow users to create plugins using javascript or similar scripting language which will support this kind of functionality.

• emryys
      emryys
      2006-01-23

Try using Inspiration Pad Pro from Nbos. It's FREE and does what you are looking for...
      http://www.nbos.com/products/ipad/ipad.htm

• Trevor Croft
        Trevor Croft
        2006-01-24

Neat, another link for our links section :)

• emryys
      emryys
      2006-01-24

What link section? I've got a ton of them...

• Trevor Croft
        Trevor Croft
        2006-01-24

Looks like our web guy hasn't added the link to the links page yet.

Go ahead and send your links to this forum post and I'll work on getting the links page up.

• Brisingre
      Brisingre
      2006-01-24

Perhaps worthy of a new thread?!? ;)

• Brisingre
      Brisingre
      2006-01-24

I made the thread. It's called Links. How did you guess I would call it that? ;)