Token Facing

emryys
2006-01-24
2013-05-23
  • emryys
    emryys
    2006-01-24

Perhaps at some point the introduction of Token facing would be helpful. The token having an indicator built in the graphic and the 'whole' token turned via arrow keys, or maybe the indicator is seperate from the actual token graphic, thus not having 'upsidedown' tokens. Not sure how difficult either would be but thought it would be useful as well as a good discussion ;)

• Trevor Croft
      Trevor Croft
      2006-01-24

Which methodology do you prefer ?  Both have pros and cons, and seem to depend on what kind of tokens you use.  would facing need to be 4, 8, or 16 directions, or free-rotatable ?

My guess is that having a facing indicator would handle more cases than actually turning the token.  But I'm open to discussion.  Both implementations would take about the same amount of effort, which really won't be all that much once the design is done.

• emryys
      emryys
      2006-01-24

'having a facing indicator would handle more cases than actually turning the token' I belive as well this would be the best option. I figure having a 'snap to grid' facing for hex(hint) and square grids, with free-rotatable for gridless play. Also making it all or none the option of the GM.

• Brisingre
      Brisingre
      2006-01-24

I repeat the hex hint. Possibly iso too.