Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Non Square Tokens

Ikonoklast
2005-09-18
2013-05-23
  • Ikonoklast
    Ikonoklast
    2005-09-18

Is it possible to create non square templates....say for a fire ball template?

• Trevor Croft
      Trevor Croft
      2005-09-18

I'm not quite sure what you are asking. 

MapTool uses a grid to create a reference for space and distance. 

All images are inherently square, they may just use transparency to make part of it see-through.  MapTool supports this.  If you create a PNG or GIF with a transparency layer, it will correctly show the transparency and make your image look non-square.

As a side note, all tokens can be disconnected from the snap-to-grid by selecting the token (or mutliple tokens by holding the SHIFT key), then right clicking on it and unchecking Snap To Grid.

If this doesn't answer your question, please let me know and I'll give it another shot :)

-Trev

• Trevor Croft
      Trevor Croft
      2005-09-18

Ok, talked with our lead designer.  Do you mean tokens that don't have a fixed aspect ratio ?  That is, tokens that can be 1x2 cells instead of 1x1 or 2x2 ?

MapTool does not currently support that, but the underlying architecture would make it pretty easy.  We'll keep that in mind as a post 1.0 release feature (end of Oct).  Just have to figure out the most user friendly way to integrate size changes into the UI.

-Trev

• Ikonoklast
      Ikonoklast
      2005-09-18

Yes I was refering to the aspect ratio.  But also to create tiles like this:
           xx
         xxxx
        xxxxxx
      xxxxxxxx
        xxxxxx
          xxxx
            xx

• Trevor Croft
        Trevor Croft
        2005-09-18

I'm not sure I'm following the ascii art, do you perhaps have an image you could point me to ?

Do you mean you would like to have non-square shaped images that you can use for representing environmental (perhaps player caused) effects, such as stuff on fire, or something ?

Perhaps another way to ask the question is, what is the end result you are trying to effect ?

Does this tracker relate to what you are looking for ?

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1197868&group_id=132209&atid=724899

• Ikonoklast
      Ikonoklast
      2005-09-18

If that is not possible how about being able to lock multiple tokens together to recreate tokens like that

• Ikonoklast
      Ikonoklast
      2005-09-19

Yes the tracker for the spell effects was what I was looking for. 

Thanks