dodger
2013-11-27
2013-11-28
  • dodger
    dodger
    2013-11-27

Hi!
    I really enjoy using roxterm, but as all of us, I want more :-P
    I was trying to make the GUI as minimal as possible...
    With GUI I mean, the part that is not the terminal itself; that is, the 2-3 pixel width window border and minimize the tab height...
    I've been browsing through options, the gtk ops and browsing this forum but I didn't found anything that helps :-(
    There's any way to modify that ops?

As an example, the aspect of urxvt + tabbed extension is what I'm looking for:
    test

thanks!!

• Tony Houghton
    Tony Houghton
    2013-11-27

It wouldn't really be possible without making roxterm use custom widgets and do its own window management, and I'm afraid I'm not willing to go that far.

• dodger
    dodger
    2013-11-27

Don't worry, it was only a question.
    I've been playing with "roxterm-config.ui" decreasing all the border_width properties to 0:

sed -i 's,border_width">8<,border_width">0<,g' roxterm-config.ui

but unless I need to restart all the processes it does not work (I've tryed with --separate)

Thanks anyway!!!!
    (wonderful job, Tony!)

• Tony Houghton
    Tony Houghton
    2013-11-27

roxterm-config.ui only applies to the config applet for editing profiles etc. You might be able to change some widgets by editing ~/.config/gtk-3.0/gtk.css or ~/.gtkrc-2.0, but I think you'd have to apply your changes to all applications that use those widgets eg GtkNotebook, VteTerminal etc, because roxterm uses those classes directly rather than deriving its own widget classes from them.

• dodger
    dodger
    2013-11-28

Yeah!
    Thanks again man!
    I got it, I'm uploading a patch for gtk.css with no border and tabs reduced to near minimal (20px?).
    I don't care about the rest of the apps, I use fluxbox and a minimal set of X apps.
    I will drill deeper into gtk.css, I didn't know it.
    cheers!

Attachments