From: Thomas Leonard <talex5@gm...> - 2009-04-25 16:19:59
Edit 2.1 (a simple text editor) has been released.
You can install it by entering this URL into AddApp:
- Right click on the application and choose 'Versions...' from the menu.
- Click on 'Refresh all now'.
- Ensure 'Help test new versions' is selected.
For more information, including package downloads, see:
Note: the source repository has moved to GIT:
Changes in 2.1:
- Aim for a default width of around 100 characters (suggested by
Tristan. Alexander McLeay).
- Added 'Search Again' function (Thomas Leonard and Ken Hayber).
Pressing Return during a search now closes the minibuffer; use the
down arrow to get to the next match (Thomas Leonard).
- Dragging to the toolbar opens the file in a new window instead of
inserting it (Ken Hayber and Thomas Leonard).
- When loading a file by drag and drop, load to the place the user
dropped the file, not to the cursor (Thomas Leonard and Ken Hayber).
- Now that the search minibuffer doesn't show the current search
direction, changing direction. automatically moves to the next match
(Thomas Leonard). Pressing Escape always closes the minibuffer, even
if the focus isn't in it (Thomas Leonard).
- Name required Python modules in help text.
- The goto minibuffer would no longer close (Thomas Leonard).
- Fix for Python 2.6: "with" is now a keyword. Reported on ROX web-
- Set the transient_for hint on saveboxes (Thomas Leonard).
- Work around change in Python 2.5 (Stephen Watson)
- Make Edit work without gtksourceview again (Guido Schimmels).
- If turning on spell checking doesn't work, report the error.
Zero Install support:
- Allow running unit-tests with 0test. Also, remove hard-coded Python
- Allow releasing using 0release.
- Update Chinese Translations (Babyfai Cheung) (Babyfai Cheung)
- Updated Spanish translation (Juan Carlos Jiménez).
Dr Thomas Leonard ROX desktop / Zero Install
GPG: 9242 9807 C985 3C07 44A6 8B9A AE07 8280 59A5 3CC1