From: Thomas Leonard <talex5@gm...> - 2008-01-08 22:30:04
ROX-Filer 2.7.1 (the file manager at the core of the ROX desktop) has
You can install it by entering this URL into AddApp:
- Right click on the application and choose 'Versions...' from the menu.
- Click on 'Refresh all now'.
- Ensure 'Help test new versions' is selected.
For more information, including package downloads, see:
There are x86 and x86_64 binaries, both created by 0compile. The x86
ones come from a VirtualBox VM.
Changes since 2.7.1:
- Updated Chinese Translations (BabyfaiCheung)
- Fixed segfault on startup due to missing import. (Thomas Leonard)
Recent versions of GTK import time.h for us, but older ones didn't,
leading to a segfault in log_info_paths.
- Fixed check to ensure that the ROX theme is available. (Thomas
Leonard) Before, we just checked that the postscript icon could
be found, but now we fallback to the GNOME theme so that always
succeeds. Also, if the theme exists but is a broken link then we fix it
automatically rather than popping up a box telling the user to fix it.
- Fix: Set the output codeset to UTF-8. (Andras Mohari) This should
fix the problems in non-UTF-8 locales.
- Ensure the Glade templates go in the binary release. (Thomas
Leonard) Reported by Lennon Cook.
- Running 'make' in the src directory now uses 0launch to find the
headers. (Thomas Leonard) This ensures that doing a normal build uses
the same headers that 0compile will use, hopefully detecting problems
earlier (e.g. use of a function from a newer GTK than the one we want
to support). Note that 'AppRun --compile' is unaffected.
- Fix typo in the save display settings window. (Stephen Watson)
(Reported by Vincent Lef=E8vre)
- Fixed typo in label. (Thomas Leonard) Reported by Vincent Lef=E8vre.
- Updated README. (Thomas Leonard) Was *very* out-of-date (reported
by Vincent Lefevre).
- Removed install script. (Thomas Leonard) I haven't run this thing
for years. There are plenty of better ways of adding the filer to
your system (using a package, Zero Install, running it in-place, etc).
Also added Glade to the requirements in the manual, and updated the
- Remove unnecessary argument in the unmount message. (Adam Sampson)
- Compile with -fno-stack-protector so we don't get a dependency
on GLIB 2.4. (Thomas Leonard)
- Don't use -fno-stack-protector unless we are using GCC 4.1 or
later. (Stephen Watson) Should probably also check for GLIBC as well.
Dr Thomas Leonard=09=09http://rox.sourceforge.net
GPG: 9242 9807 C985 3C07 44A6 8B9A AE07 8280 59A5 3CC1