From: Ken Hayber <ken@ha...> - 2004-10-17 20:16:52
I've been a little busy lately preparing the latest MusicBox release :)
Get it along with lots of shiny new screenshots here:
* UI update allowing lots of customization (removal of unwanted gui items for the minimalists out there)
* Core update removing almost all uses of threads (stability improvement, I hope)
* Client/Server update using the same basic method that ROX-Filer uses (also more stable)
* Menu update with more icons and missing features (so that you can still use them if the buttons are turned off)
There's probably more that I'm not thinking of. See the Changes file on the www site.
* The seek bar (horizontal slider) doesn't work right. It works if you grab it and slide it. But clicking in the empty area should jump by large amounts. It always goes backwards. The volume control works. I think (Py)Gtk has a bug here with horizontal ones. Middle clicking does jump to the mouse location properly.
* In the playlist, once you've selected a column for sorting you cannot unselect. Therefore you cannot rearrange the songs using DnD. I think this will be fixed in the Gtk 2.4 update (whenever that will be).
* I still have one MP3 file that someone sent me that plays really slooowwww. There's a fix, but I think it would cause other problems.
This is probably the last version to support gtk/pygtk < 2.4 (unless major bugs are reported of course)
http://www.hayber.us == khayber.dyndns.org in case you noticed the change
Have a nice diurnal anomaly.
From: Ken Hayber <ken@ha...> - 2004-10-19 00:21:41
Guillaume Lovet said:
> Ken Hayber wrote:
>> I've been a little busy lately preparing the latest MusicBox release :)
>> Have a nice diurnal anomaly.
> Nice stuff :)
> Is there a chance that get this over Zero-Install anytime soon ?
I don't use 0install here. When I looked into providing support for it it
seemed that I'd have to install the whole thing just to support a package
in it. I'd rather not do that.
I'll look into it again and ask around to see if it is simpler than I
thought. Otherwise I wonder if someone else can create/host it for me?
Ken Hayber (ken@...)
Huntington Beach, CA
From: Thomas Leonard <tal00r@ec...> - 2004-10-19 13:54:56
On Mon, Oct 18, 2004 at 05:28:35PM -0700, Ken Hayber wrote:
> Guillaume Lovet said:
> > Nice stuff :)
> > Is there a chance that get this over Zero-Install anytime soon ?
> > Guillaume
> Hi, thanks.
> I don't use 0install here. When I looked into providing support for it it
> seemed that I'd have to install the whole thing just to support a package
> in it. I'd rather not do that.
It's under 150 K...
Dr Thomas Leonard http://rox.sourceforge.net
tal at ecs.soton.ac.uk tal197 at users.sourceforge.net
GPG: 9242 9807 C985 3C07 44A6 8B9A AE07 8280 59A5 3CC1