From: Thomas Leonard <tal00r@ec...> - 2002-03-13 14:17:57
I've put up a new release of ROX-Session (source code and x86 binaries at
Changes since 0.1.13:
- Now uses Gtk+-2.0 instead of 1.2.
- Supports the new XSettings protocol, which allows you to configure
various things for the whole desktop:
- Default font
- Double-click speed
- Whether keybindings can be changed dynamically
- Cursor blinking
- Configuration, including choice of window manager, is now done from
a filer-style Options box, which is available from the logout box.
- Instructions in the manual on how to get ROX on the desktop lists for
gdm and kdm.
- Changed to GNOME's new, much nicer, style for button ordering.
Gtk+-2.0 is available here:
It is a major upgrade from 1.2, and provides support for anti-aliased
fonts, flicker-free redraw and many other nice things :-)
Thomas Leonard http://rox.sourceforge.net