From: Thomas A Leonard <tal00r@ec...> - 2001-01-05 18:28:00
I've rewritten Archive in python (using pygtk like the new Edit).
Hopefully it's now nicer to use - the box doesn't disappear until
the save is complete and it can save in different formats depending
on the extension you give the file (.tgz, .zip, etc).
From: Thomas Leonard <tal00r@ec...> - 2002-07-20 14:35:14
I've finally finished converting Archive to Gtk+-2.0:
This is a major rewrite for Gtk+-2.0. As well as using the new toolkit,
there are the following improvements:
- The savebox contains a list of possible operations to perform.
- The default operation is based on the file's contents, not its name.
- Reading and writing to other applications is supported whereever it
makes sense (eg, you can drag Edit -> Archive (gzip) -> Archive (gunzip)
-> Edit and get the original data out).
- RPM and jar formats are now supported (Christopher Arndt).
- The icon changes to show the type of file being created.
Thomas Leonard http://rox.sourceforge.net