We're proud to announce this beta release of the next major version 0.9. With this milestone we introduce some important changes under the hood as well as some nice and long-awaited features:
* First of all, the Roundcube Framework. The core classes providing the strong base of Roundcube's functionality have been extracted and decoupled into a Framework package. They can be used individually in other open source projects looking for solid functionality around IMAP, SMTP, MIME-handling and more.
* Another major change is the new database abstraction. In order to add support for SQLite3 the PEAR:MDB2 dependency was dropped and Roundcube now uses the native PHP Data Objects (PDO). ATTENTION: due a small lack in the MySQL PDO driver this version of Roundcube requires PHP 5.3 when using the MySQL database.
* Then we also added some new features:
- Download all attachments as zip archive (zip module required)
- Render thumbnails for image attachments (imagemagick is recommended)
- Compose and mail view in new windows (configurable in user settings)
- Upload attachment files and contact photos with drag & drop
- Forward multiple emails as attachments
- Show contact photos in mail view
- CSV import for contacts
And of course plenty of small improvements and bug fixes.
See the complete Changelog at http://trac.roundcube.net/wiki/Changelog and download the new packages from http://roundcube.net/download. Please note that this is a beta release and we recommend to test it on a separate environment.