I read recently in one of the docs attached to rg that repeats, first and
second time bars, and related signs had yet to be worked on. Thought some
comments on how these may "look" from a user perspective might be helpful.
1. These could all be applied to a score through a tool bar similar to the
2. Because the signs affect all staves at the same point in the score, they
should be automatically applied on a "select all staves" basis. This will
accommodate scores for orchestral arrangements as well as single stave "solo"
3. Signs which should be included on the tool bar are:
repeat bar (both left and right facing)
First time bar
Second time bar
(there may be one or two others I have omitted)
4. The first time bar will need to be of indefinite length - often it will
cover 2 to 8 bars, but I have played pieces where it has covered up to 20
5. The ability to vary the First time bar to accommodate sections which must
be played three times would also be useful. In these cases, it will also be
necessary to be able to vary the Second time bar to show "3rd time".
6. The tricky part of creating this facility will no doubt be getting the
playback function to "read" and hence play to these signs - sorry, beyond my
area of expertise.
Keep up the good work