Some thoughts on the actions topic.
With these assumptions:
1. We want a Qt4 only solution (at least not depend on kde3,4 or qt3)
2. We want to get things working, fast.
3. It can be cleaned up step by step, without breaking anything.
- keep the coded QAction stuff, as it is now. inititially.
- write an xml-parser that creates menus and toolbars.
after that, it searches for the actions objectNames.
* if it finds the action object ( by name ) , it will assign it to
the menu or toolbar.
* if it doesn't find the action, it will print a "Warning: Action
object with name 'action_id' not found. Could not assing to menu. " ,
(so we know we have to fix it, by adding an objectName )
* if the action has some more property info (label, icon, etc... )
(added by Julie), it assigns (overwrites) these to the actions object.
* if the actions-object already had label or icon set, it prints
a: "Warning: Action props of 'action_id' overwritten by xml data "
(this way, we know, that we can remove the property
definitions of that action in the source code )
Special case standard actions:
These have no (or wrong) object names yet
and have to be added to the xml files (?)
I think, that most actions will function with this plan
and the work is minimized.