From: Chris Cannam <cannam@al...> - 2007-02-06 10:19:36
ROSEGARDEN 1.5.0 RELEASED
The Rosegarden team are happy to announce the release of version 1.5.0
of Rosegarden, an audio and MIDI sequencer and musical notation editor
This release contains a number of new features, notably audio
time-stretching support, and many usability improvements particularly
in the matrix view.
This is also an interesting release from a developer perspective,
because the source code has been completely reorganised into a new
directory structure with a far more consistent file naming and
organisation scheme. Thanks to all involved with the project for their
hard work on this tedious business.
Finally, we have also changed the build system again, from scons to
cmake. Please read the README and INSTALL files before building.
Hopefully this should be the last change of this nature for the
* Add timestretching for audio segments (ctrl-drag the edge of the
* Add import and sample-rate conversion helper for arbitrary audio file
* Add helpful context help to status bar in track and matrix editors
* Various improvements to the usability and friendliness of the matrix
editor: do a better job of remembering settings, make the snap-to-grid
behaviour more intuitive and pleasing, make better use of cursor
changes, add quick-copy by dragging with Ctrl pressed, fix several bugs
* Add tempo tapping to tempo dialog (thanks to FNPave)
* Further fixes and enhancements to Lilypond export (thanks to Heikki)
* New Invert, Retrograde, Retrograde Invert editing functions (thanks to
* Make transport window remember its previous location
* More helpful warning dialogs on startup if something fails to start
* Change build system from scons to cmake (thanks to Pedro)
* Reorganise code into a new directory structure with a far more
consistent file naming and organisation scheme (thanks to everyone)
For more information about Rosegarden and what it can do for you,
Rosegarden is Free Software under the GNU General Public License.
From: Chris Cannam <cannam@al...> - 2007-02-06 11:06:34
On Tuesday 06 Feb 2007 11:02, mu/6 wrote:
> I'm a bit late with the Italian translation. Sorry, attached you can
> find the new revision.
Thanks. I think we'll look at doing a point release for translation
updates pretty soon, as you're not the only person who seems to be a
bit in the middle of things. If you have any more updates, keep 'em