> We'll see :-). We already got more than a dozen people asking if they
> could help in the past few months. Only a single one actually provided
> some real code once, and he has been unheard of ever since :-).
I haven't died, but winter vacation ended and I don't have much free time
now. Some of the code I wrote over winter vacation is still sitting on my
A usable key-signature guesser.
A time-signature guesser that distinguishes 3/4 from 4/4 but not
3/4 from 6/8 (not reliably, anyway).
A first attempt at a second chord labeller; if fixed up more, it
might identify some arpeggiated chords as well as simple ones.
Some changes to the notation view to speed up staff-scan and
layout when only a small part of the piece has changed. The merge might be
painful on this one.
I have college transfer applications due March 1, and I return to school
March 3, so I don't know when I'll do the merge.
On Thursday 28 February 2002 01:34, Randall Farmer wrote:
> I haven't died, but winter vacation ended and I don't have much free time
Which pretty much shows my point :-). No matter how willing, people are often
very optimistic about the amount of free time they have.
> Some of the code I wrote over winter vacation is still sitting on my
> Linux partition: [...]
> I have college transfer applications due March 1, and I return to school
> March 3, so I don't know when I'll do the merge.
But the longer you wait and the more painful the merge will be, which is a
shame because all this is really interesting stuff, and if the code is of the
same quality as your first patch we can expect it to be pretty trouble-free.
So if you could at least post a 'cvs diff -u' so either Chris or I could do
the merge, that would be great.
From: Chris Cannam <cannam@al...> - 2002-02-28 09:19:26
Guillaume Laurent wrote:
> if you could at least post a 'cvs diff -u' so either Chris or I could do
> the merge, that would be great.
Looking over the list of changes, I think it might even be easier
just to bundle up the source files and leave us to work out the diffs
ourselves. Most of those changes look like they're solidly in base/,
which means we're quite likely to be able to identify the new code
fairly easily and receiving diffs rather than plain source probably
wouldn't help. As for the notation view change, I've made several
fixes in that area myself which might make a merge unnecessary, so
I'd probably prefer to look at the new code as a unit first.
I'd love to see the key-signature guesser in action.
On Thursday 28 February 2002 10:06, Chris Cannam wrote:
> Looking over the list of changes, I think it might even be easier
> just to bundle up the source files and leave us to work out the diffs
That could be easier, but then better pack the whole tree (including the =
directories) not just the source files. That way we can unpack it as anot=
tree and cvs diff/update all we want.