a month ago, I requested some help in getting rosegarden to compile. It
was suggested by one person that my build environment is weird. He did not
know of a solution, and suggested that I wait for someone more knowledgeable to
get back from vacation. Another person later suggested that I give up
building from source, and install from rpm. After looking around for rpms
of rosegarden, I determined that the only rpms available are old versions.
I am anxious to use the latest version. That means tracking down and
fixing the flaws in my build environment that result in this error. To my
knowledge, it is unable to link to libraries that are generated in an earlier
step of the build script.
anyone suggest where I can look to fix this problem? While I have not
tried to compile the most recent version, I suspect that this problem will
be replicated there as well. I want to get the version I have already
downloaded to compile, before I download and compile the latest
version. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.
received the following response from D. Michael McIntyre on the Dev mail list,
in which he indicates that my build environment is "weird". I would
appreciate any ideas that anyone can provide me to track down the flaw in my
build system, and correct it, so that I can get this to compile. I have
not been able to track down any hints through google, and I am anxious to
get this working. I have also tried to compile the new RC version,
and I am getting the same errors, and required to add the extra #include
statements to even reach the link stage.
|From: D. Michael McIntyre
Re: FW: Help needed compiling rosegarden 1.2.4
On Monday 28 August 2006 10:08 pm, Darcy Kahle wrote:
> On Friday, August 25th, 2006, I sent this email to the Rosegarden user
> list. I have not yet received a response, and I think that the devel list
> might be more applicable. Could someone please let me know what I can do
> to fix this problem?
Just so you don't think you're shouting in a vacuum, I did read this question
on the user list. I just don't have anything in particular to offer. The
problem you had with having to add missing includes suggests you have a weird
build environment, but what that means for this other bit, or how you need to
hack around it, I really haven't a clue. The build system isn't my strong
suit, and I haven't ever used any flavor of Red Hat. I've got nothing to go
on, and I'm afraid you're stuck waiting for someone with more of a clue to
get back from vacation.
Sorry about that, and best of luck!
D. Michael 'Silvan' McIntyre ---- Silvan <dmmcintyr@us...>
Linux fanatic, and certified Geek; registered Linux user #243621
Author of Rosegarden Companion http://rosegarden.sourceforge.net/tutorial/
I am currently
trying to upgrade from Rosegarden-4 0.9.8 to the new Rosegarden 1.2.4 on a
Whitebox Enterprise Linux 3.0 computer (for those of you unaware, WBEL 3.0
is equivalent to RedHat Enterprise Linux 3.0 - the redhat source was
respun). I have encountered problems, and have solved most of
them. At this point, though, I am stuck.
One problem that
I found and solved was that the files gui/audiopluginmanager.cpp,
gui/rosegardengui.cpp, gui/startuptester.cpp, gui/audiopreviewthread.cpp,
and gui/audiopluginoscgui.cpp all were missing the line "#include
<unistd.h>". As a result, the compiler had a problem with
the usleep() function that is used in these files. After adding
that line to those files, I came to my current problem.
I am at the
point where sequencer/rosegardensequencer is being linked. The linker
is giving a "undefined reference" error for
Rosegarden::SoundDriverFactory::CreateDriver() function. I am at a
loss to fix this. Here is what the linker spit out, so that someone
can see something that I cannot see.
-Wl,--rpath=/usr/lib/kde3 -lasound -lm -ldl -lpthread -L/usr/local/lib
-ljack -llo -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lXft -lX11 -lfreetype -lXrender -lfontconfig
-llrdf -o RGbuild/sequencer/rosegardensequencer
RGbuild/sequencer/rosegardensequenceriface_skel.o -LRGbuild/base -Lbase
-LRGbuild/sound -Lsound -L/usr/lib -L/usr/lib/qt-3.3/lib -lqt-mt
-lRosegardenSequencer -lRosegardenSound -lbase -lkdeui
In function `RosegardenSequencerApp::RosegardenSequencerApp()':
undefined reference to
In function `RosegardenSequencerApp::startPlaying()':
std::allocator<Rosegarden::MappedEvent> > const&)'
ld returned 1 exit status
[RGbuild/sequencer/rosegardensequencer] Error 1
terminated because of errors.
Thanks for any
help that you can provide.