To attract more testers the Rootkit Hunter project team is happy to
announce the beta release of 1.3.0.
Given the timeframe between releases the changelog is packed
listing 34 new features, 47 changes and 16 bugfixes. To name a few:
- New command-line option '--propupd' replaces 'hashupd.sh'.
- New command-line option '--pkgmgr' supporting RPM, Dpkg and BSD-
style package managers.
- New command-line option '--hash' to select the hash function
command for the file hash value check and the properties update.
- Added support for Ubuntu, and the 'dash' and 'ash' shells.
- Added basic internationalization (i18n) functionality.
- Added two new command-line and configuration file options, '--
enable' and '--disable' to specify which tests are to be carried
out and which are to be ignored.
- Added support for Solaris 10 inetd mechanism (inetadm).
- Application version numbers can now be whitelisted. This caters
for those distributions that may patch a 'known bad' version, but
without updating the original version number.
There's much, much more. Please see the changelog for details on
all the features, changes and bugfixes.
My sincere thanks to all who made and make this project and this
release possible. While there are many known and unknown
contributors, and all constructive support is viewed as equally
important, I would like to thank John Horne by name. Without his
efforts many improvements and features would not have been
introduced *at all*.
Best regards, unSpawn
Click to make millions by owning your own franchise