I am running the CVS version of RKH and get the following warning, which I cannot prevent;
[16:02:37] Info: Starting file properties data update...
[16:02:37] Info: Created temporary file '/var/lib/rkhunter/tmp/rkhunter.dat.gOuAT27128'
[16:02:38] Collecting O/S info...
[16:02:38] Info: Found system architecture: x86_64
[16:02:38] Info: Found release file: /etc/redhat-release
[16:02:38] Info: Found O/S name: Scientific Linux CERN SLC release 5.6 (Boron)
[16:02:38] Getting file properties...
[16:02:38] Warning: No hash value found for file '/usr/local/bin/lynx'
[16:02:38] The file is a broken link: /usr/local/bin/lynx -> /usr/bin/lynx
(1) /usr/local/bin/lynx is a symlink but /usr/bin/lynx does not exist on the target machine.
(2) /usr/local is remote mounted from a central server but /usr/bin is local to the target machine.
(3) I have other symlinks in /usr/local/bin which are also broken but the difference is they point to other locations within /usr/local and RKH does not issue warnings.
(4) I would prefer not to have to delete /usr/local/bin/lynx as other machines on which I would like to run RKH also remote mount /usr/local from the same server but do have /usr/bin/lynx present.
(5) I have tried the following options in rkhunter.conf but without success;
Is this a bug? Any ideas for a workaround?
Ps. I have attached the complete rkhunter.conf should any other settings be relevant.