Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Multiple Problems

Help
k4ever
2005-05-21
2013-04-23
  • k4ever
    k4ever
    2005-05-21

Hi,

I'm using PCLinuxOS 8.1a w/kernel 2.6.10 and a Rio Cali 128mb.  I'm new to rioutils and I have several problems with the program (1.5.0b).  The first problem is that I can't compile the program.  I keep getting the following error after running make:

Making all in librioutil
    make[1]: Entering directory `/home/kelvin/rioutil-1.5.0b/librioutil'
    source='mp3.c' object='mp3.lo' libtool=yes \ depfile='.deps/mp3.Plo' tmpdepfile='.deps/mp3.TPlo' \ depmode=gcc3 /bin/sh ../depcomp \ /bin/sh ../libtool --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../include -I../include    -g -O2 -c -o mp3.lo `test -f 'mp3.c' || echo './'`mp3.c
    gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../include -I../include -g -O2 -c mp3.c -MT mp3.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/mp3.TPlo  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/mp3.o
    mp3.c: In function `mp3_open':
    mp3.c:252: error: structure has no member named `st_mtimespec'
    make[1]: *** [mp3.lo] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/kelvin/rioutil-1.5.0b/librioutil'
    make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

So I downloaded some pre-compiled binaries (rioutil-1.4.6.1-1mdk.i586.rpm, librioutil1-1.4.6.1-1mdk.i586.rpm).  They seem to be built for libusb, but I'm using udev.  I get the program to work (as root).  I can format my Rio, delete files, and update the firmware, yet I can't send files to the Rio.  I keep get this error (for example):

rioutil --upload /home/xxxx/Shared/comforter.mp3
    Attempting to open Rio and retrieve song list....done
    Free space on Internal Memory is 123.8 MB.
    Setting up signal handler
                       comforter.mp3 [2.9 MB]:  Incomplete: Unknown error 4294967295

Please, please help!

k4ever

• k4ever
      k4ever
      2005-05-21

Disregard...  I was able to compile 1.4.7 with no problems and download an mp3 to my Rio.  I shouldn't have used the beta source.