This release adds support for FLAC and also changed the way the playlist behaves. See the CHANGELOG for details. This release seems to work very well for me, but I've tagged it with an alpha tag since I haven't extensively tested it. Also, the FLAC decoder has a hack in it to fix a bug in libflac which causes it to be a non-compliant decoder. This will be fixed when the next official release of FLAC is out. As I understand it though it should play any flac file unless it was encoded with some really strange options.
RioPlay 0.28 has been released.
- Streaming audio should now play back without gaps
- No longer starts playing automatically when turned on. It's still set to the last song playing, though.
- Supports sample rates other than 44.1kHz
- Display backlight goes off after 30 seconds of no keypresses
- Added a logging mechanism which logs useful information about what's going on. This log can be accessed by pointing your web browser at the IP address of the Rio.