Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo
i am a russian user and have utf8 locale - and i can't
normally see russian filenames in fileselection dialog. May
be this can be solved by changing my locale to old koi8,
but don't want to do this by really it's not a good
Logged In: YES
I'm not sure what version you're using. But recent versions
actually have a Russian translation.
Simply set the LANG and LANGUAGE env vars to 'ru' (and unset
any LC_ env vars.. or I suppose set them all to 'ru' too).
(And you'll need the 'ru' locale package installed for your
When the locale is 'ru' ReZound sets the font to something
with a KOI-8 encoding and that should make the file dialogs
show the filenames properly.
If, however, you still want to see things in english, I
suppose you could delete the
'/usr/local/share/locale/ru/LC_MESSAGES/rezound.mo' file so
that you would get the font encoding without the translations.
But I'll keep you in mind when I develop the configuration
dialog.. On the section where you can set the font, I'll
allow you to choose fonts with whatever encoding you like.
Does this help?
Logged In: NO
I have LANG=ru_RU.UTF-8 locale and maybe that this is the
problem - rezound trys to set font's encoding to koi8, when
It sees, that language is 'ru'; but In my case It should use
fonts with utf-8 encodings with this language.
Maybe I didn't have such problems, if I used koi8-r locale,
but sooner or later this locale should be replaced by utf,
and I think all new and developing programs should support
it properly. Besides, most of my other programs work fine
p.s. this is my rezound (latest version - took binary rpm)
http://spiderman.pisem.net/screen3.jpg - for my oppinion it
doesn't look like the problem is just wrong font..
This feature seems very important while most modern distributions (like ubuntu) come with UTF-8 by default and I dont want to change my locale for only one program.
And, let's say this program is the tool I'm looking for!
I forgot to say: the german translation is visible but some characters are displayed the wrong way. Maybe this occurres in other languages as well to non-latin characters