Is Retroweaver under development?

2005-09-14
2013-04-23
  • Trustin Lee
    Trustin Lee
    2005-09-14

Hello,

Thank you for your effort on Retroweaver first of all.  But I see several old issues remaining as 'open' without comments.  Is Retroweaver still under development, or discontinued?  Will there be a new release soon?

I couldn't check the CVS activity because CVS repository was empty.

Trustin

• Klaus Berg
      Klaus Berg
      2005-10-30

Hi Trustin,

I have the same impression. It seems that retroweaver development is "frozen". No CVS files, no new release although there are some major bugs and patches.

• As there hasn't been any new version in a while and there are a number of bugs and patches outstanding, I have created a new sourceforge project, "retroweaver-ng", based on the 1.1 release.

I am currently in the process of integrating the various patches and should have a version available in a subversion repository in the next few days. I will post a new message when it's available.

Xavier

• Garret Wilson
          Garret Wilson
          2005-11-09

Xavier,

Many thanks! I was just getting ready to do that. I had already set up a Subversion repository with a few fixes, including a the backport collection library and a few new Class methods. (Note that one of them listed here had a bug by not following the API for null.)

I hadn't published the URL yet, partly because I hadn't tested everything. I'll be more than happy to switch over to the new project. I'll send you a private link to the Subversion project with what I've done.

Garret