This is a quick guide for starting to work with ReText.
This component is needed if you want to use some extra features:
Debian users can find ReText in their testing repository, and Ubuntu users can install it from ppa:mitya57.
Users of other systems can download ReText from the Downloads page. Users of non-X11 systems should also download the icons pack and extract it into
icons sub-directory of ReText installation directory.
- After you open ReText, the main editing area will be shown. You can now type the text in your favourite markup language. You can switch between Markdown and ReStructuredText using "Edit → Default editing mode" menu (if both modules are installed).
- For preview, click "Preview" button or press
Ctrl+E. To enable two-panel mode, activate "Live Preview" from "Edit" menu or press
- To insert a page break, look at this page. To see pages layout, use "File → Print Preview" menu option.
- To set a font, use "Edit → Change default font" option.
- Files are opened and saved just like in all other text editors. To export a file to a different format, use "File → Export" menu.
Look at our Webpages Generator guide or learn how to tune ReText using the configuration file.