Working source download?

Developers
dude
2007-11-24
2013-05-01
  • dude
    dude
    2007-11-24

Is there a working source downlaod anywhere?..
    Ie. missing links to other packages sucg as Ical paser, Nunit are fine, also signing keys... But broken project files (remoteproject.xxx) and asembly file which probally dont an should not exist..

Obviously there has been NO testing, not even an attempt to open the current files!!!

• Daniele Tiles
      Daniele Tiles
      2007-11-24

Hi there,
      if you could be more precise on what assemblies seems to be missing, I could help you. The oproject has gone to many refactoring over the packages (once the main package was called RemoteCalendarsLibrary, then it was changed to RemoteCalendars.Core), so it might be that the problem...in the latest source zip there are all the packages used for RemoteCalendars (it happened to me that my previous laptop broked down, and I had to set-up a new environment on this computer...I just downloaded and it worked :S)

• dude
      dude
      2007-11-25

Steps
      1. Download the source zip from this site..
      2. Open the solution in vs 2005..
      3. Press build, All the errors will be displayed..

Given the scope of the errors I cannot see how "I just downloaded and it worked "
      Some fundermantal errors which you must get:
      a) Missing NUnit dlls, missing cal parser dll, broken load of RemoteCalendar numerious missing assembly files..

For these I cannot see how you could possible not get these erors given they are simply missing from the distribution?

Some related issues:
      a) Within CVS what is truck2 release? It does not seem to have the broken project file issues..
      b) There is mention of a "TesterOutlook" but cannot see anywhere?
      c) All of this was to see why the logon is boken in the current relase version..

Given the above, it would be preferable for all to follow the norm and distribute a zipped project file for vs 2005, i.e simply zip your project so we can be sure it will actually compile, the CVS can stay for those that want to play..

• Daniele Tiles
        Daniele Tiles
        2007-11-25

But what the hell have you dowloaded? :)
        First of all, you should check for the SVN, not the CVS...that's the updated source.
        http://remotecalendars.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/remotecalendars/NewTrunk/
        TesterOutlook was a package used a long time ago, not required from a long long time...I just need to update the doc.
        NUnit it has never been used, it was required by another project, that's why it's not present (but all of the projects are already in Release and not in Debug). iCalParser has to be downloaded through the sourceforge project related (this is still correct in the doc).
        As I told you, please tell me which RemoteCalendars dlls aren't working.

• dude
      dude
      2007-11-26

"But what the hell have you dowloaded? :) "

The source file from the main download area:
      RemoteCalendarsSource-6.3.zip

"NUnit it has never been used, it was required by another project, that's why it's not present "

Then remove it from the dependencies..

"As I told you, please tell me which RemoteCalendars dlls aren't working."

Please follow the steps above, I could spend all day telling you what a compiler tells you, but to what end?
      Pretty basic testing..

Have you followed the steps above?

"Steps
      1. Download the source zip from this site..
      2. Open the solution in vs 2005..
      3. Press build, All the errors will be displayed..
      "
      I suspect not?

"iCalParser has to be downloaded "
      This apprach is not typcial, and will aways cause problems, i.e if you took the same approach with the CGoogle sdk dlls your code would not work..

Also pretty basis stuff..