Temp file error...

Developers
2007-04-24
2013-05-01
  • Supp0rtLinux
    Supp0rtLinux
    2007-04-24

I'm trying to sync two Google calendars... a "shared" family one and a personal one. Everything is just fine with only one calendar at a time, but things start to go haywire when I add a second calendar. NOTE: both calendars require the same username/password as I only have a single gmail account, though there are two calendars within the single account. When I try to sync the second calendar, I get an error that ~\Application Data\RemoteCalendars\???.tmp already exists. It appears its only using a single temp file where it should be using one per calendar. Anyone else encounter this or know a workaround? For now, unfortunately, I'm only able to sync down a single calendar. Sort of frustrating that RemoteCalendars allows for multiple calendars, but seems to choke when I try it...

• Supp0rtLinux
      Supp0rtLinux
      2007-04-24

Actually, the specific failing path is C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\RemoteCalendars\temp.ics and the actual message I see is:

"The file 'C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\RemoteCalendars\temp.ics' already exists."

I'm fairly confident this is due to my having two calendars, but a single gmail ID.

• gabel
        gabel
        2007-07-03

I've got the same Problem - i got 5 google Calendars in one google account. I can add all 5 and they will be imported, but when i try to reload/update them it fails with the same error.

"The file 'C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\RemoteCalendars\temp.ics' already exists."

Any suggestions?

• Supp0rtLinux
      Supp0rtLinux
      2007-04-24

Okay, I've qualified this a bit more. In a nutshell, I setup an entirely new gmail account and a calendar within it. I then added it to RemoteCalendars and got the same results. After much testing, I'm finding it doesn't seem to be related to multiple calendars under the same google account. For some reason, everything works just fine with only a single calendar. I am able to add two calendars... adding them and letting it do the initial download works. But each subsequent automatic sync/update and/or forced reload will generate the error about temp.ics already existing. Any thoughts on a solution? For now, it appears I can only have a single remote calendar at a time syncing into Outlook... well, at least it seems I can only have a single Google calendar. I haven't tried two calendars with one being via Google and another from a different source.

• Hi,

I get the same error, but with no Google Calendar and with only one calendar. I'm using WebCalendar as remote source, running on my home server - this works at least for unidirectional syncing.

It worked without the temp.ics error before my upgrad to RemoteCalendars v6.3 (it was v5.8x before).

Greetings,
        7even