Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Anyone tried this with Outlook 2007

2006-05-31
2013-05-01
  • Have anyone tried this with Outlook 2007? I hear the PIA is the same as before.

• Daniele Tiles
      Daniele Tiles
      2006-05-31

Since someone else emailed me that the installer doesn't work, I believe not :(...
      I should ask to the VSTO team, and let you know...maybe, without asking as prerequisite Outlook 2003, it should work!
      Bye

lasthope83

• filkovska
        filkovska
        2007-11-27

I've managed to use RemoteCalendars with Office 2007 (installed 10 minutes ago and subscribed to my Google calendar)

I used:
        * Office 2007 PIA (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=59daebaa-bed4-4282-a28c-b864d8bfa513&displaylang=en)
        * Visual Studio 2005 Tools from the RemoteCalendar 6.3 distribution (/Prerequisites/vstor.exe)
        * the RemoteCalendar 6.3 distribution (http://downloads.sourceforge.net/remotecalendars/RemoteCalendarsSetup-6.3.zip?use_mirror=kent&filesize=6652322)
        I also have .NET Framework v.2.0 and 3.0 installed.

Works fine, at least viewing google calendar events in Outlook (after subscribing to calendar and manual update). I don't know what about the sync in both directions option ('cause I haven't figured out yet how it should work), but deleting a google-calendar event in Outlook affects only Outlook calendar, and till the next calendar reload.

Also, what I could notice is that RemoteCalendars really slows down Outlook 2007 when it works (adds or updates a calendar).

• Thomas Nielsen
      Thomas Nielsen
      2006-06-08

It works with OL2007, although not perfectly. I have been running the an old version of RemoteCalendar with OL2003, upgraded to the beta OL and realizing the COM add-in would not activate properly I installed the latest version of RemoteCalendar - and it works. Well, sort of. But that is explained in a new thread: "Crash on fetching past events".

- Thomas

• Daniele Tiles
        Daniele Tiles
        2006-06-08

Hi,
        may I say it?

COOOL

:D:D:D:D:D

My treasure, my little preciuos treasureeee worksss even with Outlook 2007...Gollum!

Alright, back to work...thank you for your message, I've provided to edit the informations for RemoteCalendars ;)
        Bye

lasthope83

• Thomas Nielsen
      Thomas Nielsen
      2006-06-08

...oh, never mind the "Crash on fetching past events" thing. I was a bit quick, there. It appears to be something else :-)

• Chris Romp
      Chris Romp
      2006-06-08

It doesn't appear to *install* on Outlook 2007. It's looking in the GAC for the version 11 interop components, but I've got the version 12 assemblies.  The installer craps out and says assemblies have not been installed.

• Daniele Tiles
        Daniele Tiles
        2006-06-08

Hi,
        I hope that thniels will answer about this...as I said, I haven't personally tried it yet...
        But I believe that you're right: maybe the new PIA doesn't make it work...
        Bye

lasthope83

• Daniele Tiles
        Daniele Tiles
        2006-06-25

Hi,
        I've received this answer from the VSTO team:

----

Ah, right. The installer might be looking for the Office 2003 PIAs and not finding them - that makes sense. However, if you have already installed the add-in for Office 2003 (and therefore have the 2003 PIAs on the machine), when you later install Office 2007, the add-in should just continue to work. This is the most common scenario we expect to see.

The scenario where it will fail, therefore, is if you have an add-in built against the Office 2003 PIAs (and where the installer pre-reqs the Office 2003 PIAs) but you want to install it on a machine which doesn't have the Office 2003 PIAs.

To workaround this scenario, you could simply install the Office 2003 PIAs as part of your install for your add-in. Or you could set your pre-req logic to accept the 2007 PIAs if it is installing to a machine with only 2007 and not the 2003 PIAs installed.

----

So, just install the PIA delivered with RC, and then RC itself...;)
        Bye

lasthope83

• Thomas Nielsen
      Thomas Nielsen
      2006-06-15

Actually, I didn't do much or at least I didn't pay much attention to what I did. But here is my memory of my workflow:

I was running OL2003 with an older version of RC. I don't recall which, but some major version numbers before the current build. I installed that one by the book - and it worked brilliantly. When I upgraded to Ol2007 the old one didn't work anymore - the toolbar was just blank - so I downloaded the current build and installed that - nothing more. I simply can't recall that it bitched about anything. If there is anything I can try which can help you, please do say so. I'd be happy to be of assistance.

- Thomas

• jive
      jive
      2006-07-14

So what if you've never had office 2003 installed on your machine, (or any other office 2003 product for that matter) The 2003PIA craps out and does not install. Then the RC says I don't have it installed...

I am using Outlook2007 beta...

• jive
      jive
      2006-07-14

"Or you could set your pre-req logic to accept the 2007 PIAs if it is installing to a machine with only 2007 and not the 2003 PIAs installed."

How do you do this? How do you set your "pre-req logic" to accept 2007 PIA's?

• Daniele Tiles
        Daniele Tiles
        2006-07-20

Hi,
        I haven't yet discovered...:((
        Bye

lasthope83

• jive
      jive
      2006-09-28

still nothing

• Daniele Tiles
        Daniele Tiles
        2006-10-10

Hi,
        no srry :(...I haven't found yet a way to install the PIA without Office 2003 to be installed first...
        Bye

lasthope83

• jive
      jive
      2006-09-28

still nothing??