Validation error

W Barnes
2007-03-16
2013-01-06
  • W Barnes
    W Barnes
    2007-03-16

Hello,

This is Walter from the dev@openide.netbeans.org mailing list. Thanks again for directing me to your project.

I've tried it out and most everything works well; however, when I validate a zul document I get the following output:

XML validation started.

Checking file:/C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/WBarnes/My%20Documents/NetBeans%20Projects/Tutorials/remtest/web/index.zul...
    Referenced entity at "nbres:/net/sf/rem/resources/zul.dtd".
    The element type "intbox" was already specified in the content model of the element decl "bandpopup". [128] nbres:/net/sf/rem/resources/zul.dtd
    The element type "intbox" was already specified in the content model of the element decl "box". [158] nbres:/net/sf/rem/resources/zul.dtd
    The element type "intbox" was already specified in the content model of the element decl "caption". [272] nbres:/net/sf/rem/resources/zul.dtd
    The element type "intbox" was already specified in the content model of the element decl "comboitem". [522] nbres:/net/sf/rem/resources/zul.dtd
    The element type "intbox" was already specified in the content model of the element decl "div". [650] nbres:/net/sf/rem/resources/zul.dtd
    The element type "intbox" was already specified in the content model of the element decl "groupbox". [769] nbres:/net/sf/rem/resources/zul.dtd
    The element type "intbox" was already specified in the content model of the element decl "hbox". [807] nbres:/net/sf/rem/resources/zul.dtd
    The element type "intbox" was already specified in the content model of the element decl "listcell". [1,148] nbres:/net/sf/rem/resources/zul.dtd
    The element type "intbox" was already specified in the content model of the element decl "listfooter". [1,210] nbres:/net/sf/rem/resources/zul.dtd
    The element type "intbox" was already specified in the content model of the element decl "row". [1,693] nbres:/net/sf/rem/resources/zul.dtd
    The element type "intbox" was already specified in the content model of the element decl "tabpanel". [1,985] nbres:/net/sf/rem/resources/zul.dtd
    The element type "intbox" was already specified in the content model of the element decl "treecell". [2,275] nbres:/net/sf/rem/resources/zul.dtd
    The element type "intbox" was already specified in the content model of the element decl "vbox". [2,471] nbres:/net/sf/rem/resources/zul.dtd
    The element type "intbox" was already specified in the content model of the element decl "window". [2,507] nbres:/net/sf/rem/resources/zul.dtd
    The element type "intbox" was already specified in the content model of the element decl "zk". [2,555] nbres:/net/sf/rem/resources/zul.dtd
    XML validation finished.

Is this because the dtd was generated automatically by NetBeans?

I'd also like to know more about your project and any plans you have for it. I'm a newbie to web apps and NetBeans module development but would like to contribute in any way I can.

Thanks,
    Walter

• Minjie Zha
      Minjie Zha
      2007-03-17

Walter, thanks for you attention to my project.
      I wrote the dtd all by myself rather than generated by NetBeans. I made a mistake, and I wrote duplicated "intbox" in those element definitions. Don't worry, I will fix it very soon.
      About the plan, I will release the first version with basic functions for ZK development very soon. And in the future, I plan to make a visual editor for ZUL file.

• W Barnes
      W Barnes
      2007-03-17

Hello Minjie,

Yes, I took a closer look at the dtd and found the extra intbox'es. I also tried validating a couple scripts from the zkdemo source and found that treeitem is missing the label attribute. Would like me to continue searching for errors then post a patch?

A ZK GUI editor sounds cool. Let me know when you start work on that.

Walter

• Minjie Zha
      Minjie Zha
      2007-03-17

Hi Walter,
         I have removed extra intbox'es. And in the zul.xsd, label attribute is not explicitly defined for treeitem. But treeitem is allowed to have any other undefined attributes, and this information is lost in the process of generating DTD from Schema. So that will be OK for treeitem having label attribute. And in the javadoc for treeitem, you can find:

java.lang.String     getLabel()
                Returns the label of the Treecell it contains, or null if no such cell.

Yes, you are welcome to search more errors and post here.