Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Backup of user data

Help
Norm
2008-08-17
2013-04-23
  • Norm
    Norm
    2008-08-17

Hi Wiljen,

Man I sure hope you got some help with this project, it's huge, and Awesome! I've been playing with it for a couple of days now and it's working great for me. I just have one question...

I have XP with MS Access and I keep getting a failure message when I try to back up the program. Is there something I need to do first like set up a file/destination? Or how do I back up the data now that I've gotten it all entered.

• Wiljen
    Wiljen
    2010-01-08

it should automatically create the backup folder under the main directory.  You could try creating that folder as Vista security may play havoc with it.

• 1DBBEHR
    1DBBEHR
    2011-01-22

Wiljen,

Thanks for all the countless months of your efforts,  great program.  & I have it working on XP Professional with Access 2003.  I have added close to 600 of my loads and the lead loads included at this site.  All manuals and targets are accessable and all is working great.  But I can't seem to backup.  the Macro creates an empty Backup directory but I get the following Error. 

Action Failed, 
    Macro Name: Backup
    Condition: True
    Action Name: RunCode
    Arguments; Compact ()

How Can I Correct this so that I don't lose any added information?   Any help you can give is greatly appreciated.

• 1DBBEHR
    1DBBEHR
    2011-01-22

Got it working.  Ran the Backup module code seperately in Access to create backup files in the backup directry.  Now the macro recognizes the existing files and overwrites them. 

• Joe Cilinceon
    Joe Cilinceon
    2012-04-09

I found a name problem in the Backup macro on my version which is RRv9.mdb but the first backup called for a file named RRv6.mdb which cause the first file to fail hence the rest. I changed it in mine and works fine now. I also fixed the primer link manually using Access XP on Win 7 system, as I still can not get the link tables fix to work. That one is a bit above my abilities with Access.

• Henry Sherwood
    Henry Sherwood
    2012-09-03

Question, I have down loaded and accessed the files, (thank You) for your work. I tried to sort the information and apparently sorting is disabled, suggestions ?
    Thank You