Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Build static libregina.a on AIX

Help
cniggeler
2011-05-28
2013-05-14
  • cniggeler
    cniggeler
    2011-05-28

Hi, I tried using the prebuilt AIX 3.5 version of Regina/Rexx and find that the libregina.a is reported as a dynamic library.  I have also tried rebuilding Regina/Rexx 3.3 (my compiler is not compatible with 3.5 - ANSI) and this process also builds a dynamic libregina.a

I have tried using ar and it builds a valid archive, but then I get the error message,
            0509-036 Cannot load program regina because of the following errors:
            0509-150   Dependent module /usr/lib/libregina.a could not be loaded.
            0509-103   The module has an invalid magic number.

From what little I know of AIX, this invalid magic number has to do with bitsize.  I have tried various combinations of -m options (32=invalid, 64=invalid, powerpc=no help, no-powerpc=no help, powerpc64=gcc error message).  Can anyone give me a pointer to resolving this issue?  Of course, it would also resolve the fact that the libregina.a in the prebuilt distro also seems to be dynamic.

Thanks!