Deprecated: Function ereg() is deprecated...

2010-07-17
2013-05-28
  • Hi all,

I had many of the "Deprecated: Function…" errors on most of the refbase pages. As I saw it is due to the php version I use. A fast workaround is to set the error_reporting in the ./includes/include.inc.php (since it is included from all the other scripts):

//FIXME : stop deprecated error messages on ALL scripts
    error_reporting (E_ALL & ~E_DEPRECATED & ~E_USER_DEPRECATED);

Regards,
    Andreas

PS: I haven't searched your forums for any other fix, so if I double post … delete the topic :-)

• Hi Andreas,

thanks for the report and the workaround.

Some functions used in the refbase code were deprecated in PHP 5.3.0. These pertains mostly to the 'ereg*()' functions and the 'split()' function. I have replaced these functions in my local development version with their 'preg*()' counterparts and I just need to find time to checkin all of the changes.

Thanks for your patience,

Matthias

• As already reported in another forum thread, I've (finally!) updated the bleeding-edge branch of the refbase Subversion repository at Sourceforge. This newest revision (#1337) should work with PHP5 w/o emitting E_DEPRECATED errors. This may need more testing, but most (if not all) of the issues should be fixed now. Let me know if this isn't the case for you.

More information on how to obtain, install or update the refbase SVN version is available at:

http://svn.refbase.net/

HTH, Matthias