need to fix short tags

Jeff Stern
2006-07-21
2013-05-28
  • Jeff Stern
    Jeff Stern
    2006-07-21

hi, i noticed that the refbase scripts use the old short-tags <? .. these should all be replaced with correct full tags <?php for compatibility with the most systems

• Jeff Stern
      Jeff Stern
      2006-07-21

actually i should be more specific: there *are* long tags in the files, but not all the short-tags have been 'fixed'. there are still a lot of echo statements in the scripts which just short tags (<?). scripts in the main directory include install.php, query_manager.php, update.php, user_details.php, user_login.php, and user_options.php. i have not yet checked the subdirs though.

this is a simple search-replace

• Hi,

thanks for the feedback!

> i noticed that the refbase scripts use the old short-tags <? .. these
        > should all be replaced with correct full tags <?php for compatibility
        > with the most systems

Which version are you using - the version that is available as download from SourceForge (refbase-0.8.0) or the more recent version (upcoming v0.9.0) that's available in the SourceForge CVS repository[1]?

In v0.8.0, there were still some short tags present in the code but this should have been fixed a long time ago. If you still find any short tags in the CVS version, please let us know.

Regards, Matthias

[1]: http://wiki.refbase.net/index.php/CVS_version

• Jeff Stern
      Jeff Stern
      2006-08-02

ah! man can't believe i didn't include the version number. i must have been snoozing. sorry. :(

i was using 0.8.0 (from fedora RPM). i've since checked out the latest CVS and grep'd through all the scripts and indeed you are right the short tags have been fixed. thanks for your kind response and sorry again for taking your time. (ugh!)