User Notes field size

2009-02-25
2013-05-28
  • Ronald Denaux
    Ronald Denaux
    2009-02-25

Hi,

I've been using refbase for a few weeks now. I was wondering why the 'user notes' field is not a text area (similar to the abstract field). I'm currently doing a literature review and would like to add at least a few paragraphs to some references. The current field makes this rather cumbersome. Especially if I have written down the paragraphs earlier onto a file and I just want to copy/paste my notes into the field. Only the first line is copied onto the field.

So the feature request would be: make the 'user notes' field similar to the 'abstract' field so I can put as many notes as I want. Let me know if there's an alternative way to do this?

thanks in advance

• Hi Ronald,

> make the 'user notes' field similar to the 'abstract'
      > field so I can put as many notes as I want.

This has been come up before and we'll consider it.

For now, you can easily fix this yourself. Just open file 'record.php', find the line that contains:

id=\"notesName\"

and replace that entire line with this one:

. "\n\t\t<textarea id=\&quot;notesName\&quot; name=\&quot;notesName\&quot; rows=\&quot;4\&quot; cols=\&quot;44\&quot; title=\&quot;". $loc["DescriptionNotes"]."\&quot;>$notesName</textarea>" . $notesSuggestElements

Note that all of the above is just a single line, so you might need to remove any hard returns introduced by the SF forum/email software.

Let us know if this doesn't work for you.

HTH, Matthias