Web of Science Import

Lacan
2005-11-25
2013-05-28
  • Lacan
    Lacan
    2005-11-25

So what's the current status of this??

I'd be very interested in any such ISI WoS script or like that can handle these kind of imports. I don't care if it is an ugly hack as long as it works! Otherwise I might need (and I don't want to) make my own screen scraper for ISI citations.

Please let me know...

-joachim-

• Admittedly, nothing has happend since then. There were many other things that had priority.

However, as outlined before/elsewhere, we consider import from WoS, PubMed (and others) as very important. Speaking of a hack, 'import_csa.php' could be adopted. But ideally, import from WoS/PubMed would be provided via bibutils (isi2xml/med2xml) and a universal MODS XML importer.

M

• Lacan
    Lacan
    2005-11-29

So do we have a MODS XML importer?
    In fact I am working on a script to extract XML from CrossRef that needs to get imported to Refbase...

So how does that isi2xml work. What format of easy are we talking about here. You can export easy references in several ways, but I was interested in getting something that uses the information directly from the HTML code for each ISI reference, thus skipping the export step.

Any ideas?

-j-

• Lacan
    Lacan
    2005-11-29

Ok, I figured out isi2xml. And I can extract some of the XML items. But how do I get this information into Refbase? I thought that perhaps I could create some kind of POST to link it with the "Add Record" page. (I.e. sending the data directly to that page.) Do you have some kind of template?

Thanks,

-joachim-