Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

"Error 1065: Query was empty" when trying to export or save as

Help
2014-05-24
2014-05-31
  • Dear all:

    I keep getting error 1065 "Query was empty" when trying to save or export records. This happens exclusively when trying to save or export records from the "Show all" option or the search results list. No matter if "All records" or "Selected records" is checked; I get the above error message. No matter if I am logged in as user, admin or not logged-in.

    However, saving or exporting individual records using the bibliography view and the save and export options in the expandable menu works fine.

    I have the BibUtils utility installed, but I get the same error when using a BibUtils-less version with the same files.

    As I have not touched anything related to the export or save operations, I do not know if the error is the result of something I have done wrong or a bug. Could someone give me a hand with this?

    Thank you very much in advance.

     
  • I cannot replicate this issue in any of our test deployments. One other user reported something similar in the past, but I believe we patched that.

    By "trying to save", do you mean the "save citation" function or something else?

    Do you get that error for all formats? In particular, please try exporting to MODS.

    When in 'Citations' view, can you export multiple checked and 'all' records?

    Do you experience this issue whether or not you're logged in?

    Do you have a link to your deployment?

    --Rick

     
  • By "Trying to save" I mean, yes, the "Cite" functionality and by "Export" I mean the "Export" functionality. I get the same error when using the "User gropus functionality". And I get this error in all formats (cite and export) and when I am logged in and when I am not.

    I have restored the original search.php file and I do not get that error. However, I have compared the original search.php file and my custom search.php file and I have noticed that the problem is related to changing the "Value" attribute of buttons. If I want the button to be in Spanish, I am afraid I will have to change more code than I expected. Unless there is a way to alter the text on the button without touching the "Value" attribute.

    Do you know if there is a more efficient way to change this, than substituting every instance of "Cite", "Export", "Add" and "Remove" (button values)? This is not my field and I am quite lost.

    Many thanks in advance.

     
  • I think this might have come up before and we should probably try to add transliteration to the buttons. To do this,change the object to a button:
    <button type="submit" name="whateverisintheoriginalcode" value="ehateverisintgeoriginalcode">your preferred text</button>

     
    Last edit: Richard Karnesky 2014-05-30
  • Thank you! Now it works perfectly.

    By the way, I have already translated a significant amount of the code into Spanish. Although it is very much oriented to my specific project, a more general translation would not involve a lot of work. Let me know if you are interested and I will send you my files sometime.

     
  • Yes, we'd be interested in that.