Import from refbase

Help
Fred
2011-08-01
2013-05-28
  • Fred
    Fred
    2011-08-01

I am creating a program to manage references and would like to create a txt file for importing into refbase.

I had the idea to txt similar to the Pubmed Medline.

I have created test files but when importing to refbase gives me the following error "There Were validation errors Regarding the date you entered," and "Unrecognized data format"

How do I make my txt for him to be accepted in refbase (as if the file was exported directly from pubmed to refbase)?

Thanks a response

Greetings
    Ipca

• There's no way for us to diagnose your data when you don't even include an example.  Any reason you went with Medline?  CAS and RIS support in refbase are much better.  As is MODS XML (through bibutils), which you'd be able to validate if there were issues.  Good luck!

• Fred
    Fred
    2011-08-06

Hi

The format I use to import into my local system is Medline.
    That's why we wanted to use to export the same format.
    To create the txt file, I am using the following code:

string exp = Environment.NewLine + "PMID- " + Notes.Text + Environment.NewLine + "OWN - " + Environment.NewLine + "AU  - " + Author.Text + Environment.NewLine + "TI  - " + Title.Text + Environment.NewLine + "AID - " + DOI.Text + Environment.NewLine + "IS  - " + ISSN.Text + Environment.NewLine + "AB  - " + Abstract.Text;

E o print screen do txt é o seguinte:

It is not complete since only used this bit to create a test file, and this file gives me the error I mentioned in previous post.

Greetings
    IPCA

• Fred
    Fred
    2011-08-06

This phrase "E o print screen do txt é o seguinte:" was my mistake to write the message!

• refbase only imports Pubmed/Medline XML through bibutils & does not know how to import the legacy tagged format that you're using.

• Fred
    Fred
    2011-08-08

Thanks for the reply
    I do not know how to work with XML
    For the RIS format I can do through this form? (using string to create a txt)
    If not, how can I create a file compatible for import into refbase RIS format

Greetings
    IPCA

• Yes: RIS is submitted by that same form.

• Fred
    Fred
    2011-08-08

Therefore, I will do in RIS format.
    Only by chance did not have the possibility to show me all tags in the RIS format and usages that correspond each.
    It was perfect if you were capable of and I work a lot easier.

Greetings
    Ipca

• import.inc.php, lines 972-ish on