Bug in my database - searches hanging

Help
2012-11-26
2013-05-28
  • Laura Williams
    Laura Williams
    2012-11-26

I have been using Refbase to power our database at work for nearly two years now and think it is fantastic!  However, as time has gone along I have adapted it to meet our organisation's needs and I think I have managed to introduce a bug.  Our database is hanging a lot leaving users without their search results being displayed.  I have searched and searched for the problem but cannot isolate it and have come to the conclusion that it is outside of my capabilities.  We are looking for a consultant to have a look at the database and website to see if they can isolate the problem.  I would really appreciate it if someone on here was willing or if you know anyone/anywhere else who may be able to help.

Many thanks,

Laura

• Can you revert to an earlier version of the codebase (or even to the stock version)?  Happy to look, but I can't guarantee when I'd get to it and, without knowing more, it is difficult to estimate how much time one would need to fix things.  But you can contact me offlist if you'd like.

-Rick

• Knut Krüger
    Knut Krüger
    2012-11-28

maybe its related to suhosin.post.max_value_length

Write a file with <?PHP phpinfo(); ?>
    ans see what it is set to
    suhosin.post.max_value_length 1000000 1000000

• I had the same problem and resolved it by adding in php.ini

suhosin.get.max_value_length = 600

• Laura Williams
    Laura Williams
    2013-03-12

Hi,

I'm really sorry Rick, I forgot to track this message and have only just seen your reply.  The problem we had spontaneously resolved and hasn't come back since so I'm just sitting and hoping that it is okay!

Thank you so much for the help everyone though.

Laura