Help
foggi
2009-03-04
2013-05-28
  • foggi
    foggi
    2009-03-04

Dear refbasers,

we're about to import EndNote XML files in refbase. Unfortunately refbase doesn't import the attached PDFs and images from the EndNote library.
    We have EndNote libraries with a varying amount of attachments. Is there a way to import those files without explicitly stating each path to the concerning attached files, but only with the given enl-path?

Thanks in advance!
    Cheers
    foggi

• Hi foggi,

> we're about to import EndNote XML files in refbase. Unfortunately
      > refbase doesn't import the attached PDFs and images from the EndNote
      > library.

It's correct that direct import of PDFs from an Endnote XML file is currently not possible. IIRC, the file paths in the Endnote file are stored in a proprietary format which doesn't diirectly map do file system paths. But others here may know better. I'd need to see a sample file in order to give better advice. If you send me a sample Endnote XML file to msteffens at refbase net I'll try to look into it. But you shouldn't hold your breath.

> We have EndNote libraries with a varying amount of attachments. Is
      > there a way to import those files without explicitly stating each
      > path to the concerning attached files, but only with the given
      > enl-path?

This might be difficult to achieve. But maybe a workaround is possible. I'd need to know more about the file path structure used by Endnote.

Matthias

• foggi
      foggi
      2009-03-13

Hi Matthias,

thanks for your answer! We were busy with another project, therefore this late reply.

We now are confronted with an other serious problem as we changed to UTF-8, thus the
      attachment import problem got a minor problem meanwhile, so defered it.

I will open a new thread concerning the UTF-8 affair.

foggi