Install Problem: 1044 & failed to open stream

Help
Pat Gehrke
2008-11-28
2013-05-28
  • Pat Gehrke
    Pat Gehrke
    2008-11-28

First, my great thanks for this project.  It is exactly what our nonprofit organization has been looking for and I am hoping I can get it working as a part of our new website.

We are trying to install refbase on www.commethics.org/refbase/ but I have to confess that I am not very experienced with this kind of thing and I have no tech support in our organization, so I am hoping you all can help me get this running.

This is hosted through LunarPages running php 5.2.6 and mysql 5.0.51a -- full details on our php settings are at http://www.commethics.org/refbase/phptest.php

Using the install.php with the master account & pw I receive the following error:
    Error 1044 : Access denied for user '********'@'localhost' to database 'mysql'  (I have replaced our actual root account in that line with asterisks)

So I tried a manual install via the mysql management program for my host. 

It looked like it worked but the main page (index.php) pulls the following errors:

Warning: require_once(/home/ginas5/public_html/commethics/refbase/includes/classes/org/active-link/xml/XML.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/ginas5/public_html/commethics/refbase/includes/classes/include.php on line 36

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/ginas5/public_html/commethics/refbase/includes/classes/org/active-link/xml/XML.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /home/ginas5/public_html/commethics/refbase/includes/classes/include.php on line 36

I can add and manage users no problem.  I can also pull up the screen to add an entry and all the fields are in place and look right, but once I fill it all in and click "Save Record" I get the same errors:

Warning: require_once(/home/ginas5/public_html/commethics/refbase/includes/classes/org/active-link/xml/XML.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/ginas5/public_html/commethics/refbase/includes/classes/include.php on line 36

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/ginas5/public_html/commethics/refbase/includes/classes/org/active-link/xml/XML.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /home/ginas5/public_html/commethics/refbase/includes/classes/include.php on line 36

Same results in IE and in Chrome.

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Thanks again for your time and help.  My apologies for any obvious stupidity I may have committed in trying to get this running.

-Pat

• Hi Pat,

thanks for the heads-up and for the detailed problem description.

Just to make sure its not the obvious: Have you verified that the file 'XML.php' is actually located at:

/home/ginas5/public_html/commethics/refbase/includes/classes/org/active-link/xml/

You may want to verify that all files from the refbase package were successfully copied to your server.

Thanks also for the 'phptest.php' file, this might be helpful. But you probably should remove it again from your server soon...

Matthias

• Pat Gehrke
      Pat Gehrke
      2008-11-28

errr...  duh.  ok, blame that on my excessive trust of my ftp client.

lord that's as bad as "is it plugged in?"

Thanks for pointing out the obvious.  I found that for some reason that one subdir never copied over to the server.  I added the files and it looks to be working now.  Thanks again.

-Pat

ps-  and thanks also for reminding me to take the phptest file out.  I have deleted it.

• Hi Pat, the "easy" problems can be the most tricky ones (since they are also easily overlooked) -- so I'm glad you could solve your problem!

Let us know if your run into anything else.

Best, Matthias