I tried to import an record from the local HD(named c:\temp\ref.ris) with IE (tried on two machines).
There was an error:
not able to show website (Die Webseite kann nicht angezeigt werden.)
Mozilla and Opera is working fine
could this be a problem how IE handles redirect links?
Which version of IE are you using?
Are there any preferences settings in IE related to URL redirection?
I don't have access to a Windows system so I'm afraid I can't test this ATM.
i used the default IE explorer with auto update.
But normally I am using Mozilla, so I am not familiar with IE . A Team member asked me why there is an error with IE so I got aware about this problem.
I tried it now on 4 XP PCs its always the same. and is the same when using your demo database.
how do the data you're trying to import look like? Can you post a minimum set of record(s) that exhibits the problem in IE?
Are you trying to import a single record or multiple records?
How are you doing the import? I.e., are you pasting your import data into the text entry form of 'import.php', or are you using the uplaod file button? If the latter, have you tried the former? (and vice versa)
What happens when you leave out the abstract? Alternatively, try trimming the abstract to the first few words. Will you then be able to import via IE?
> how do the data you're trying to import look like? Can you post a minimum set of record(s) that exhibits the problem in IE?
#-----------------begin of record saved as ref.ris -----------
TY - JOUR
T1 - Left Ventricular Remodeling After Anterior Wall Acute Myocardial Infarction in Modern Clinical Practice (from the REmodelage VEntriculaire [REVE] Study Group)
JO - The American Journal of Cardiology
VL - 98
IS - 9
SP - 1144
EP - 1149
PY - 2006/11/1
AU - Savoye, Christine
AU - Equine, Octave
AU - Tricot, Olivier
AU - Nugue, Olivier
AU - Segrestin, Benoit
AU - Sautiere, Karine
AU - Elkohen, Mariam
AU - Pretorian, Eduard Matei
AU - Taghipour, Kouroch
AU - Philias, Andre
AU - Aumegeat, Valerie
AU - Decoulx, Eric
AU - Ennezat, Pierre V.
AU - Bauters, Christophe
UR - http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/B6T10-4KSJXYV-H/2/5f9ac6bc97f32bb59305997604a9cb33
Left ventricular (LV) remodeling after acute myocardial infarction (AMI) has been well described in previous studies. However, there is a paucity of data on the incidence of and risk factors for LV remodeling in modern clinical practice that incorporates widespread use of acute reperfusion strategies and almost systematic use of "antiremodeling" medications, such as angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors and [beta] blockers. We enrolled 266 patients with anterior wall Q-wave AMI who had >=3 segments of the infarct zone that were akinetic on echocardiography before discharge. Echocardiographic follow-up was performed 3 months and 1 year after AMI. LV volumes, ejection fraction, wall motion score index, and mitral flow velocities were determined in a blinded analysis at a core echocardiographic laboratory. Acute reperfusion was attempted in 220 patients (83%; primary angioplasty in 29% and thrombolysis in 54%). During hospitalization, 99% of patients underwent coronary angiography and 87% underwent coronary stenting of the infarct-related lesion. At 1 year, 95% of patients received an antiplatelet agent, 89% a [beta] blocker, 93% an angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor or angiotensin II receptor blocker, and 93% a statin. Echocardiographic follow-up was obtained in 215 patients. There was recovery in LV systolic function as shown by a decrease in wall motion score index and an increase in ejection fraction. There was a significant increase in end-diastolic volume (EDV; 56.4 +/- 14.7 ml/m2 at baseline, 59.3 +/- 15.7 ml/m2 at 3 months, 62.8 +/- 18.7 ml/m2 at 1 year, p <0.0001). LV remodeling (>20% increase in EDV) was observed in 67 patients (31%). Peak creatine kinase level, systolic blood pressure, and wall motion score index were independently associated with changes in EDV. In conclusion, recent improvements in AMI management do not abolish LV remodeling, which remains a relatively frequent event after an initial anterior wall AMI.
#-----------------end blank lines are included--------------------
>Are you trying to import a single record or multiple records?
>How are you doing the import? I.e., are you pasting your import data into the text entry form of 'import.php', or are you using the >uplaod file button?
>If the latter, have you tried the former? (and vice versa)
the same with copy and paste
>What happens when you leave out the abstract? Alternatively, try trimming the abstract to the first few words. Will you then be able >to import via IE?
trimmed to->Left ventricular (LV) remodeling after acute myocardial<-
Hope that helps Knut
If the import via IE works when the abstract is removed or trimmed, this probably indicates that IE has a problem with the length of the GET REQUEST. I'm not sure there's much I can do about it (for now).
You might have better luck when importing several records at once. Have you tried that?
importing more records is working
importing one with the Radiobutton "import all" is also not working.
I am afraid the workaround for IE user is to import the record twice and delete one.
or .. using Mozilla :-)
Thanks for testing this, Knut.
The problem is the length of the GET request, which (contrary to POST) is limited in character length. Googling indicates that IE has a maximum GET URL length of 2083 characters.
Currently, refbase will always redirect to the import form via GET when there's only one record to be imported. So that is independent of the "import: All" option.
> I am afraid the workaround for IE user is to import the record twice and delete one. or .. using Mozilla :-)
Another workaround would be to cut the abstract before import, and paste it back in after the record has been parsed and loaded into the "Add record" form.