specifiying a cite style for opensearch query

Help
2014-03-28
2014-04-18
  • Pierre Nault
    Pierre Nault
    2014-03-28

Hi,

I am trying to change cite style for specific queries and get the right cite style in the atom response. Querying with opensearch.php?query=expedition=belanger.daniel we do get atom xml response with APA style by default. In the xml we find :

Agullo, J., Canesi, S., Schaper, F., Morin, M., & Bélanger, D. (2012). Formation and reactivity of 3-diazopyridinium cations and influence on their reductive electrografting on glassy carbon. <i>Langmuir</i>, <i>28</i>(10), 4889–4895.

Is there a way we can specify a cite style in the query parameter for the opensearch API ? I tried /opensearch.php?query=expedition=belanger.daniel&citeStyle=AMA but it doesn't work. I know I can change the default cite style for all queries but I want to be able to put this parameter in the query, so we can have a specific cite style by query.

Thanks,

Pierre

• Pierre Nault
    Pierre Nault
    2014-04-04

Hi,

Any chance I'll get an answer on that ?

thanks,

Pierre

• Sorry. I replied by email, thinking this was on the list. My reply:Not at this time (a null citeStyle is passed in the URL generation,
    regardless of the arguments given to opensearch.php).

• Pierre Nault
    Pierre Nault
    2014-04-11

Hi,
    Do you have any idea how I could do this by making modifications to the code ? I'm trying to figure out how can I pass this parameter to the URL generator (where is it?).

Thanks,

Pierre

• The call is near line 315 in opensearch.php

At minimum, you'll need to poll for a parameter & pass one (instead of null) here. You may also need to make a few changes to show.php (don't know off the top of my head what assumptions we make if the referrer is opensearch.php).