Help
Esteve
2010-11-24
2013-05-28
  • Esteve
    Esteve
    2010-11-24

Hi everybody,

i tried to install refbase yesterday. However, I could not find information about how to set up the file access permissions. Can you just set everything in the refbasefolder to 755? If not how should I set it up?
    Another problem I was facing after the manual installation (install.php does not find mysql on the server) is that when I try to import a bib file I get a page with a lot of errors (see below). I have set the bibutils folder recursively with 755 made a symlink into the refbase folder. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Thanks, and best regards
    Stefan

Warning: fopen() : SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 21430 is not allowed to access /hfs/1/tmp/refbase-AFxjn0 owned by uid 9997 in /home/ws/kf30/.public_html/refbase/includes/execute.inc.php on line 158

Warning: fopen(/hfs/1/tmp/refbase-AFxjn0) : failed to open stream: Success in /home/ws/kf30/.public_html/refbase/includes/execute.inc.php on line 158

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/ws/kf30/.public_html/refbase/includes/execute.inc.php on line 159

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/ws/kf30/.public_html/refbase/includes/execute.inc.php on line 160

Warning: fopen() : SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 21430 is not allowed to access /hfs/1/tmp/refbase-wd6FgB owned by uid 9997 in /home/ws/kf30/.public_html/refbase/includes/execute.inc.php on line 192

Warning: fopen(/hfs/1/tmp/refbase-wd6FgB) : failed to open stream: Success in /home/ws/kf30/.public_html/refbase/includes/execute.inc.php on line 192

Warning: unlink() : SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 21430 is not allowed to access /hfs/1/tmp/refbase-AFxjn0 owned by uid 9997 in /home/ws/kf30/.public_html/refbase/includes/execute.inc.php on line 57

Warning: file_get_contents() : SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 21430 is not allowed to access /hfs/1/tmp/refbase-wd6FgB owned by uid 9997 in /home/ws/kf30/.public_html/refbase/includes/execute.inc.php on line 174

Warning: file_get_contents(/hfs/1/tmp/refbase-wd6FgB) : failed to open stream: Success in /home/ws/kf30/.public_html/refbase/includes/execute.inc.php on line 174

Warning: unlink() : SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 21430 is not allowed to access /hfs/1/tmp/refbase-wd6FgB owned by uid 9997 in /home/ws/kf30/.public_html/refbase/includes/execute.inc.php on line 61

Warning: fopen() : SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 21430 is not allowed to access /hfs/1/tmp/refbase-c7FlXa owned by uid 9997 in /home/ws/kf30/.public_html/refbase/includes/execute.inc.php on line 158

Warning: fopen(/hfs/1/tmp/refbase-c7FlXa) : failed to open stream: Success in /home/ws/kf30/.public_html/refbase/includes/execute.inc.php on line 158

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/ws/kf30/.public_html/refbase/includes/execute.inc.php on line 160

Warning: fopen() : SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 21430 is not allowed to access /hfs/1/tmp/refbase-qgjpDK owned by uid 9997 in /home/ws/kf30/.public_html/refbase/includes/execute.inc.php on line 192

Warning: fopen(/hfs/1/tmp/refbase-qgjpDK) : failed to open stream: Success in /home/ws/kf30/.public_html/refbase/includes/execute.inc.php on line 192

Warning: unlink() : SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 21430 is not allowed to access /hfs/1/tmp/refbase-c7FlXa owned by uid 9997 in /home/ws/kf30/.public_html/refbase/includes/execute.inc.php on line 57

Warning: file_get_contents() : SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 21430 is not allowed to access /hfs/1/tmp/refbase-qgjpDK owned by uid 9997 in /home/ws/kf30/.public_html/refbase/includes/execute.inc.php on line 174

Warning: file_get_contents(/hfs/1/tmp/refbase-qgjpDK) : failed to open stream: Success in /home/ws/kf30/.public_html/refbase/includes/execute.inc.php on line 174

Warning: unlink() : SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 21430 is not allowed to access /hfs/1/tmp/refbase-qgjpDK owned by uid 9997 in /home/ws/kf30/.public_html/refbase/includes/execute.inc.php on line 61

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/ws/kf30/.public_html/refbase/includes/execute.inc.php:158) in /home/ws/kf30/.public_html/refbase/import_modify.php on line 557

• Your web server user needs read/exec permissions for all folders, read permissions for all files, and read/write/exec permissions for the upload folder.  IIRC, the archive has the appropriate permissions set.  You may have to chown them to the user that runs your web server.

All file uploads require write access.  safemode is prohibiting write access to your phptmp directory.  You will need to disable or re-configure safemode or find out where you have write access & reconfigure refbase to use a directory that allows uploads (there may not be one if your temp directory doesn't allow them).