Cannot alter the content of "File"-field

Help
2005-06-06
2013-05-28
  • Hi!

First of all I have to say that this is a great software!

BUT :-)
    I cannot alter the content of the "File"-field if I am logged in as a normal user (with all priveledges). When I'm logged in as Admin I can do everything. Is there a way to change this default (?) option, so that every loggin-in-user can change the File-field?

Thank's in advance!
    Axel

• Hi Axel,

> I cannot alter the content of the "File"-field if I am logged
      > in as a normal user (with all priveledges). When I'm logged in
      > as Admin I can do everything.

Yes, this is a feature ;-) and, IMHO, a good thing in a multi-user environment. I agree that this may be unconvenient if you're the only one using the database, though.

> Is there a way to change this default (?) option, so that
      > every loggin-in-user can change the File-field?

Not as of refbase-0.8.0, unfortunately. But I've noted it as a feature request and we may include it as user permission in a future release. Thanks for the suggestion!

As a preliminary solution, you could hack the file 'record.php' and change line 121 from this:

if ((!isset($loginEmail)) OR ((isset($loginEmail)) AND ($loginEmail != $adminLoginEmail)))

to this:

if (!isset($loginEmail))

That will allow every user who is logged in to edit the file field but lock the field for anyone who isn't logged in.

Regards, Matthias

• Of course it is feature. But it would be nice as an admin to disable it.

By the way:
      I had to put another ")" behind "if ((!isset($loginEmail))"
      But thank you so much for really fast reply!!!

regards,
      Axel

• Hi Axel,

> Of course it is feature. But it would be nice as an admin
        > to disable it.

Yes, I fully agree with you and we should make this optional in a future version of refbase.

> I had to put another ")" behind "if ((!isset($loginEmail))"
        > But thank you so much for really fast reply!!!

That's correct if you're keeping the *two* opening parentheses as in the original code. But (as in my example) you can safely skip one set of enclosing parentheses:

if (!isset($loginEmail))

Best regards, Matthias