refbase configuration

Help
2012-01-25
2013-05-28
  • Christof Kluß
    Christof Kluß
    2012-01-25

Hi,

again many thanks for this great software. I have some rather important things that annoy me at the moment, maybe there are easy workarounds, otherwise that are my feature requests;)

- can I deactivate  "volume" and "pages" in the list view. If I set $defaultFieldsListViewMinor to "" the SQL query did not work any more. We do not need this fields on the view.
    - I do not need "Location" and "Call Number" in the "entry" view, respectively "optlocation" and "optnote="export from refbase…." in the BibTeX file, can I deactivate it (and perhaps other fields)?
    - We do not need "User File" too ;) Currently we do not want files on the server.
    - In the exported BibTeX file the name of the "url" field ist "opturl", is it possible to change this to url? (for JabRef import)

thx
    Christof

• can I deactivate "volume" and "pages" in the list view. If I set $defaultFieldsListViewMinor to "" the SQL query did not work any more. We do not need this fields on the view.

This requires an edit to include.inc.php

1508,1512c1508,1512
    <         $querySELECTclause .= $defaultFieldsListViewMajor;
    <         if (!is_null($defaultFieldsListViewMinor))
    <         {
    <           $querySELECTclause .= ", " . $defaultFieldsListViewMinor;
    <         }
    ---
    >               $querySELECTclause .= $defaultFieldsListViewMajor;
    >               if (!is_null($defaultFieldsListViewMinor))
    >               {
    >                   $querySELECTclause .= ", " . $defaultFieldsListViewMinor;
    >               }

• I do not need "Location" and "Call Number" in the "entry" view

refbase needs these for tracking.  It is, perhaps, best to hide these elements on the page by editing the record view to hide them via CSS.

We do not need "User File" too ;) Currently we do not want files on the server.

I don't think the user file isn't stored on the server. URIs are allowed for files, and will point to files off-server.

In the exported BibTeX file the name of the "url" field ist "opturl", is it possible to change this to url? (for JabRef import)

Yes, but note this was a methodical decision: Most  BST styles will output any URL that is given & this is usually not the desired behavior.  If your users cannot perform the search-replace themselves & want the behavior you describe, you can edit the last line of transtab_refbase_bibtex.inc.php to remove URL from the list of fields that get the prefix.