Help
askalot
2014-08-17
2014-08-19
  • askalot
    askalot
    2014-08-17

Hi
    I reinstalled my webserver and imported my old database. Now I can browse through the existing papers but I cant add or import new records. After pressing save record or import i get a blankpage (/refbase/modify.php or import_modify.php). The new record is saved but the pdf-file not (the server has write permissions).
    I use a lamp server and made the config a bit restrictive but I never checked the upload or import function while changing the settings... Do you have any idea where to start searching? Which information/errorlog could be helpful for you to solve my problem :)?
    Thanks in advance
    askalot

• Enable logging and then check your logs. It should say what is wrong.
    Check that your server allows file uploads (and other settings we require per http://www.refbase.net/index.php/Required_PHP-INI_Settings), see if the temporary file directory for uploads (upload_tmp_dir) is actually readable/writable by the server, confirm that post_max_size and upload_max_filesize are at reasonably large values.

• askalot
    askalot
    2014-08-19

Hi Richard
    Thanks for your answer!
    The php.ini settings should be ok. The upload_tmp_dir is commented out.
    In the acceslogfile I found that but cant interpret it:
    "GET /refbase/import.php?formType=sqlSearch&submit=&headerMsg=&sqlQuery=&showQuery=$
    "GET /refbase/javascript/scriptaculous.js?load=effects,controls HTTP/1.1" 304 -
    "POST /refbase/import_modify.php HTTP/1.1" 500 -
    "GET /refbase/import.php?formType=sqlSearch&submit=&headerMsg=&sqlQuery=&showQuery=$
    "GET /refbase/record.php?recordAction=add HTTP/1.1" 200 46129
    "GET /refbase/javascript/scriptaculous.js?load=effects,controls HTTP/1.1" 304 -
    "POST /refbase/opensearch.php HTTP/1.1" 200 9
    "POST /refbase/modify.php?proc=1 HTTP/1.1" 500 -
    In the errorlog there are a few lines like this:
    [core:error] [pid 4437] [client 192.168.1.1:52906] AH00082: an unknown filter was not added: include

I disabled the options and some modules in the httpd.conf file...
    Could this be the source of the errors?
    Sorry for my undefined question, but I really dont know where to start searching. While changing the settings I just checked if I can acces to the files allready saved in the database, never tried the upload before. So I dont know if the problem was allready exising after serverinstallation.